Glemnet is a proud to be registered as a Green Achiever, which is awarded to businesses that have shown the intention to implement measures to reduce their impact on the environment as well as reducing their carbon footprint.
Here are just some of the initiatives Glemnet and Gamma have implemented to reduce our carbon footprint:
- Glemnet’s and Gamma’s early adoption of IP based soft-switching in its core network marked the first initiative of its kind in the UK and has been offering its channel partners ‘Green Minutes’ since 2006.
- Converting to soft switching has enabled us to move from a power-hungry hardware infrastructure to software driven environment which uses far less power.
- From 1st May 2008, Glemnet’s Electronic Invoicing policy means that we will no longer produce paper invoices for our entire customer base; instead invoices will be provided via e-mail, saving over 5000 printed pages a month.
- Glemnet have adopted The Woodland Trust as our official charity, which aims to prevent the loss of ancient woodland and to increase new native woodland.
It’s also through good practices internally that Glemnet is proud to be doing as much as it can to help the environment. These include:
- Substantial use of web conferencing. Our product launches, for example, typically attract over 50+ Channel Partners and by using web conferencing we are able to deliver our proposition in one hit, thus avoiding a significant amount of travel for both our staff and our customers.
- Significant use of audio conferencing. Glemnet and Gamma staff combined use 1,500,000 minutes a year on audio conferencing alone, saving 80,000 miles of travel per year.
- Use of recycled paper on all printed collateral and stationery.